Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Versatile Blogger Award
So, it was going to be an evening preparing for my new position I start tomorrow.
Why did I know better?
There is a new award going around called the Versatile Blogger Award. I wish I could go into detail about what it is for (besides the obvious), but I honestly don't know.
I could make up something:
"In the blogging world, there are only a select few whose efforts make them vastly superior to all the rest. Regardless of all the trials and tribulations they endure, their tenacity and intestinal fortitude bring forth the real power of the written language and communicate these skills far beyond those of mortal man!"
But, I'd be lying! (As well as never qualifying for such an award.)
Terrye, at The Misadventures of a Misplaced Alaskan first nominated me. Now, if you've never visited Terrye's blog, you're truly missing out on some fun. Terrye's sense of humor and sarcasm is one of the reasons her and I get along so well. In addition, her ability to take normal situations and expand upon them into what most think, but will not say, is second to none.
Then, Stacy, at Ramblings of an Undiagnosed Madwoman nominated me for the same award! (Okay, so now I'm blushing.) I know my macho image may be in question, but I have to say I love reading Stacy's blog. Stacy's outlook on life comes from that of a mother, wife, as well as a professional writer. There's always something going on that reminds me that my family may not have been as dysfunctional as once thought!
And tonight, while I'm writing this blog, I get notice that Cyndi, at Pictimilitude has also nominated me! Cyndi is a photographer extraordinaire that knows no boundaries in her talents! To say she's a professional is an understatement to her abilities. Very few ever come along that exhibit the talent to go far in the competitive world of photography. This young lady leads the pack!
Now comes the tough part as this award comes with iron clad rules, not unlike a chain letter, that will forever hex you if they're not followed. The curse of VB (No, not VD, that's an entirely different subject) will follow you to the pits of Hell and eternal damnation as any effort at escape it futile!!!!
So, I exaggerate. You got the point, didn't you?
Here are the rules. You must:
1) Thank the blogger who bestowed this award. (Thanks again to Terrye, Stacy and Cyndi!)
2) Add the Versatile Blogger Award to you post and site. (You guys really know how to test my website maintenance talents, don't you?)
3. Nominate 7 others that are worthy of the award. (Hold your breath! It's coming, it's coming!)
4. Let them know you nominated them. (I'll do so at the Bloppy Bloggers FB page when done.)
5. Tell 7 interesting facts about yourself. (Deja Vu! It's Finish the Sentence Friday all over again!)
Now, I must nominate 7 more individuals. To pick only 7 of my favorites is extremely limiting, as I don't ever visit blogs I don't enjoy. So, even though I'm sure some of these individuals have already been nominated, here goes:
1. Janine at Confessions Of A Mommyholic
2. Melanie at Scribbles and Smiles
3. Emily at Oh Boy Mom
4. Kate at Can I Get Another Bottle Of Whine
5. Rachel at Rambling Amazon
6. Erin at The Irish Mama
7. Amy at Adorable Chaos
Now the tough part. I have to come up with 7 things to tell about myself that will prove to be interesting. Let's see:
1) In 1973, I drank a canteen of Coke that unknowingly, contained 4 hits of 4-Way Window Pane Acid, or, the equivalent of 16 hits of acid. It was the best concert I've never remembered! (Where's the flashbacks? I've waited decades!)
2) I ran for (and got elected) as Student Body President (SBP) my senior year in high school simply because I wanted to get up in front of the student assembly during various programs, play the Master of Ceremonies part, and cut jokes.
3) I have the shortest graduation speech on record, as that same SBP.
"Friends, teachers, parents, and fellow students. I believe that graduation should be one of the special times in a person's life. Thus, the speeches should be kept short. I, on behalf of the entire graduating class, would just like to say, "Thank You" for all you've helped us accomplish. "Thank You!"
The superintendent of schools (who had read a five page speech the year prior) followed me onstage. He listened to the cheers and applause I received, looked at his pages of prepared speech, set them on the podium and said, "I'm going to agree with Mr. Rumple. I, too, believe it should be a happy time. Let's forget the speeches and get right to handing out the diplomas!" It was my first instance of really being a hero! lol
4) I may live in Lexington, Kentucky, but I hate UK basketball. I'm an Indiana University fan through and through, and even have all the games of the last five years recorded on DVD's.
5) I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat. In fact, I voted for the Green Party Candidate in the last election because I hated both of the primary candidates and the lies they constantly told. At least the Green Party candidate believed in the principles she stood for.
6) I have eaten dog, cat, goat, horse, monkey, and many other things that most wouldn't consider consuming. These are not commonplace dinnertime items, but only things that I found in restaurants during the time that I was somewhat of a world traveler. The one thing I absolutely will not eat ... liver! The one thing that expanded my stomach to painful swelling for three days ... barbequed crawfish.
7) My mother's death at my age 13, followed by my best friend's fatal accident two months later that I witnessed, provided me with an attitude that life isn't forever, so get the most out of it you can. In my life I have been shot at, my neck and back of head mauled by an ocelot, bitten by venomous reptiles, and pulled up the side of a cliff after stepping out too far and sliding down the slope on loose gravel. I've sky dived, skin dived, snow and water skied, raced a dirt track car (once) and took a high performance driving class two years ago. I've had my forehead rammed into a tree branch by a runaway Arabian stallion, my knee held onto by a Pit Bull's jaws, slapped in the face by an alligator's tail, and had a clothesline snag my neck and flip me backwards as I was running from police (after throwing corn at an unmarked car when I was a kid, lol). And, I'm still not done, yet! Can you say "Adrenaline Junkie?"
So, that is it! My task is complete! I tried to make it interesting. Hope you're still awake!
I will be somewhat scarce around these parts for a while. (If you didn't read why in my earlier post today, here's the link: The Vacation Is Nearly Over). I think many of you may have missed it.
Until next time, "Keep Smiling!"